Wednesday, September 3, 2008

There's the icing on the cake and then...

...there's the cake topper! As I mentioned in my last post, I have commissioned an artist on etsy to custom-make our cake topper. We've been going back and forth for a while, bouncing ideas off each other and deciding among design sketches and we've finally come up with an excellent design. Each time she sent me various design sketches to choose from and each time it was unanimous among my parents, Mr. Broccoli, and me. I'll spare you a play by play of every design variation, but this is the one we chose, in full colour.

Isn't it great!? The idea we started out with was the two of us on a loveseat with books on our laps. Then, I thought it would be sweet to get Spirit in there somewhere, so she sent us a a few designs with her in various places around the topper and we just loved her spread across our laps. I had mentioned in a few emails that I knit, so she suggested that she put a knitting basket in there, too, which I love! She's managed to get the green and orange of our wedding colours in there and I love the colour contrast of the gold on brown of the base. I'm so happy with this cake topper, I'm very glad I chose her out of all the etsy artists that do custom cake toppers. Check out her store: Sophia's Workshop.

In other news, I've finished knitting all the corsages and boutonnieres and am working on the bouquet flowers. Pictures to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve and I have voted this cake topper as "Seriously Awesome". Not just regular awesome, mind you, but "Seriously Awesome" with caps and quotation marks.